Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kenneth Abante






Kenneth Isaiah Ibasco Abante
"Ken"
The Servant Leader


Birthday
July 12, 1992

Hair Color
Black

Eye Color
Black

Doppleganger Celebrity:
My hair apparently is like Steel Wool Scotch Brite (Reference from my high school friends

Websites:


BLUE BLOODED LIFE

Course & Year
4-BS Management Engineering, Minoring in Philosophy

Orgs and Positions:
President, Council of Organizations of the Ateneo; 
Member, Ateneo Christian Life Community, Ateneo Debate Society, Management Engineering Association (I’ll confirm membership with other organizations when I am sure I am active in them)

Hang-outs
The COA Room or the COArto, 
The University Residences Cliff Overlooking Marikina, 
The Secret Room Behind the Immaculate Conception Chapel in Gonzaga Hall

Why did you choose to study in the Ateneo?
I chose to study in the Ateneo because I knew that it values total holistic formation. It is very important to me that my school, and the students around it, are able to give me space to give meaning to my work, more than my actual academic studies. Ateneo org life was able to show this for me.

Why did you choose your course?
Primarily, I chose my course because I need to return the investment that my family gave me. Now, I continue to choose it because it gives me an opportunity to serve others (beyond my family) through business, realizing how critical the change in corporate movement is to poverty eradication.

IDEAL GIRL

TURN ONS: Eyes that glow with a grounding of experience and a radiance of innocence
TURN OFFS: Closed-mindedness, and reductionist reasoning

HOBBIES & INTERESTS


Favorite past time: 
Playing the guitar, Composing songs, Singing everywhere

Favorite movie:
Shutter

Favorite television show:
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (for its blend of philosophy)

Favorite music & music artist:
Acoustic, Jason Mraz

Favorite professor & subject:
Dr. Darwin Yu, Accounting 20; 
Jope Guevara, Philosophy 101; 
Dr. Bobby Guevara, Theology 141

Favorite body part:
Eyes

Favorite book:
For One More Day by Mitch Albom

FILL IN THE BLANKS

When I'm alone, I like to 
sing to myself

When I'm bored, I touch my 
chest, breathe and say just how thankful I am of everything.

If I were a fruit, I would be a 
mango because I’m soft on the outside, but strong on the inside (quoting ACLC)

If I were someone/something for a day, I would be
a street child outside Katipunan because I want to understand how life goes for them and how they feel, so that when I turn back to myself, I’d have a better idea of how to treat them.

If I was invisible for a day, I would 
surprise my family and parents back in Bicol and tell them how much I miss them.

If I could talk about something the whole day, I would talk about
service, and how maturing in organizations is a great adventure every Atenean should go into, and how finding my place in my course has helped me appreciate how service can be in any field.

If I were a Pokemon, I would be
Pikachu. I’ve always dreamt of regaining my chubby cheeks.

If I can go back in time, I would 
tell my younger self how he should not be afraid of making mistakes and how getting the most out of education and of life is entirely hinged upon lowering his pride and ego, and humbly receiving inspiration.

If I can change something about myself, it would be 
my erratic sleeping habits.

if ever you were to be born again and you were given the freedom to choose your nationality, what would it be? Why? Filipino all the way, because I hope. :D

THIS OR THAT

Chupachups or Bananacue?
The Pinoy bananacue anytime.

Adidas or Nike? 
Nike, because of its slogan.

Mahal ka or Mahal mo? 
Mahal mo.

Hold on or Let go?
Let go always, and then hold on truly.

If you were to win the lottery, would you:
   a) Send the money to a foundation
   b) Buy a round trip ticket to the world
   c) Buy a lifetime supply of ___________
   d) Split the cash with your loved ones
   e) Invest it on a social enterprise that I’ll make for my municipality in Bicol. :P

More from the interview with Ken Abante!